Following the UK government’s announcement on 16th March 2020 regarding non essential travel
We will not be taking any new bookings for April 2020
For existing bookings however
1/ We will allow any customer who has already paid for their holiday in full to re-shedule for another date in 2020 or even 2021 (please contact us asap, if you wish to do so). If you still wish to completely cancel your holiday and have already paid your balance in full, we suggest you make a claim for any losses from your travel insurance or credit card providers (please see your provider’s T&C’s.)
2/ If you have only as yet paid your holiday deposit (25% of total holiday price) ie your holiday is over 6 weeks away, we would like to offer these customers in these extraordinary circumstances the opportunity of re-scheduling their holiday for another date in 2020 at no additional cost (except where high season rates apply July/August). If you still wish to cancel your holiday, then this can be done and we will make a full refund of your deposit (less £10 admin fee, see T&C’s) as long as you inform us prior to 6 weeks before your holiday commences.
If your national government applies an international or in the case of UK citizens a national travel ban, then it is recommended any losses incurred should be claimed on your travel insurance or credit card company (please see your provider’s T&C’s)
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow the latest government advice and do all that we can to protect you, our employees and the wider community.
As a small family business, we would really appreciate your kind cooperation during this diffucult time. If you wish to cancel your holidays then we will completely understand. But we would hope that you would please consider using our services again in the future, when planning your next campervan holiday, once the situation has passed as it eventually will !
Hopefully the currently situation will de-escalate in the coming weeks and months.
Our Best Wishes
Mark & Alison
If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to CONTACT US
New vehicle cleaning procedures during 2020
Like so many we have over the last several days and weeks learned about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how this will impact on our daily lives.
For Counting Sheep Campers, that means understanding how it will affect our employees, customers and communities and then making the necessary adjustments to our business operations.
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you our customers and our employees safe. With that in mind we have made several adjustments in our business to respond the threat of coronavirus.
We are asking all staff and customers to adhere to current public health advice regarding best hygiene practices and in addition to this we are taking additional measures on cleaning our campervans before commencement of hires.
1/ Initially we will be cleaning all surfaces in the campervan with a disinfectant general cleaner from a company called “method” an eco-friendly anti-bac product which is tested and approved acc. to standard EN 13697:2015.
2/ An additional process we are putting in place for the preparation and cleaning of our campervan, is to clean all the hard surfaces (potential harbour of virus) with high level disinfectant wipes (as used in hospital cleaning room environments) the product we are employing is called “Distel” these surface wipes are manufactured by Tristel who supply high level cleaning products to the healthcare industry.
The following link will take you to the product commercial data sheets, if you wish to learn more regarding efficacy
These additional cleaning processes may add time (up to 1hr) to the cleaning and preparation of the vehicle before your hire commences. We would be appreciative of your understanding on this matter and it may? lead to a delay to your vehicle pick up time. We will of course let any hirer know if they will be affected as soon as possible before their holiday commences.
Existing Holiday Bookings and Payment procedure
Booking more than 6 weeks prior to holiday
25% deposit due once driving licences are accepted + 50% of optional extras (excluding Additional Driver Insurance) due at time of booking
Booking less than 6 weeks prior to holiday
100% total holiday cost payable once driving licences are accepted
6 weeks before holiday
75% balance due (inc 50% optional extras) plus Additional Driver Insurance if required
2 days before collection
£800 security deposit due by pre-authorisation on credit card